Implants and Bridges
If you suffer from the embarrassment or discomfort of missing teeth then read on to find out how your situation can be improved.
It is important to note that if you require a tooth to be extracted, it is essential to insert a replacement tooth as soon as possible as opposing and neighbouring teeth may move into the space, changing your bite over time. This changed bite may result in sore jaws, gum disease, or even decay.
Dental implants are a revolutionary new way to completely replace one or more missing teeth. With the use of a specially designed titanium fixture, secured permanently to your jaw bone, we can fully replace a missing tooth or teeth.
This is a fantastic option for those who have struggled with missing teeth, even better for those who have persevered with ill fitting dentures.
The benefits of implants are many:
- Several teeth can be replaced using only one implant
- No more removable dentures, embarrassing moments and unattractive clasps.
- Restores full chewing ability allowing you to eat all your favourite foods.
- Very high success rate with long term studies conducted.
- Permanent, predictable, long term tooth replacement .
- Full arch replacement – restoring a full mouth.
After referral to our specialist, your dental implant is placed following careful planning. The diagnostic process involves a number of appointments to carefully choose the type and size of implant along with the most ideal procedure for your implant placement.
Dependant on your situation you may have an implant placed using one of the following techniques:
- Direct placement – immediately following the extraction of a tooth.
- 1 Stage– Implant placement and fixation of final restoration on the same day.
- 2 Stage – Implant placement, healing time of approx 3 months and then placement of final restoration.
If you feel that implants would suit your situation then please contact us to discuss this treatment option. Many patients have experienced the positive outcomes associated with the replacement of their missing teeth. Restoring a full smile is simply a life changing event that can help restore confidence.
Another option when looking to replace missing teeth is a dental bridge. Bridges are a permanent solution and are cemented in place.
Fabricated from the highest grade of porcelain, a bridge is a unique way to replace one or more missing teeth. This is achieved by attaching a replacement tooth/teeth to either side of the empty space.
Each bridge is custom made using impressions (moulds) that are taken during your bridge preparation visit. These records are forwarded to our dental technician who will fabricate your bridge to the exact shape and colour specifications that we have requested.