21 Apr Isolation tips
To all of our amazing patients
We at More Smiles have been thinking of you during this tough time. We hope you have been in good health and maybe even used this time of social distancing to get some odd jobs done around the home.
If you have any dental concerns and are unsure about what to do, we are still here for you so give us a call and we can point you in the right direction.
Although we haven’t been able to see you for your regular checks and cleans, there are some things you can do to take extra care of your teeth to hopefully avoid problems. Here is a short list of the ‘‘dental dos and dental don’ts’’ during this global pandemic:
– Avoid chewing on very hard or sticky things like ice and toffee. The ice can cause cracking in your teeth and the toffee can sometimes pull out existing fillings.
– Stick with your regular meal times and avoid constant grazing. The more often you eat, the higher risk you will have to developing dental decay so try and space out your eating (this is easier said than done during a lockdown!)
– Continue brushing twice daily using a fluoride toothpaste. This will keep bacterial levels down as well as help keep your enamel strong and decay-free
– If you’re a regular flosser, continue as usual. However, if you’re not a flosser, this time might be a great place to start!
– Avoid having excess sugar. Under lockdown, the temptation is to snack on sweet treats but this can be a bit of a trap. The odd sugary treat is fine but avoid having them regularly.
We are looking forward to seeing you all again once life returns back to normal. Also, don’t forget we are still open for emergencies during the lockdown so don’t hesitate to contact us if you are in pain or have a problem.
Wishing you the very best from the team at More Smiles