24 Apr We’re back.. sort of!
We’ve missed you!
Back to work from Monday 27 April! Not exactly… but we can provide more dental treatments…. Read on for what this means to you…
Due to the COVID19 pandemic we have been restricted as to the dental treatments we can provide. From Monday 27 April the Australian Government has reduced all dental practices back to level 2 operating restrictions. While this means we can provide more services for you, it doesn’t mean business as usual unfortunately. So what can we do? Well, that depends…. we can certainly still treat any emergency you may have, but we can now do a limited number of our everyday treatments as well. It is best to call one of friendly front office co-ordinators who will walk you through your situation.
Why do we have restrictions on our treatments? This is to protect us, healthcare workers, and you, our community. There are concerns that health care workers are at greater risk of contracting COVID19 because we work up close and personal and because when we work there is always lots of spray happening.
What are we doing to protect ourselves? And you? You will notice some changes:
- Routine screening questions about your health to ensure that you are not in a risk category when you make an appointment plus again the morning of your appointment.
- Staggered appointment times to limit patient numbers in the waiting room at any one time.
- Clear screens to protect our reception staff.
- Strategies to limit the number of people in our reception area :
- If possible only the patient being treated is to attend the appointment
- Please wait in your car or on a seat outside the reception door until approached by the dentist.
- We know you appreciate our already high infection control standards. We are now doing more to keep both you and us safe:
- You will be required to use hand sanitizer when you enter the practice
- Our staff have always used personal protection equipment (PPE) for each patient but you may notice us wearing masks and gloves more often
- More frequent cleaning of hard surfaces in public areas
- Removal of magazines and other items from reception
- Longer appointment times to allow for additional clean up after your appointment
- You will be asked to use a rinse before your treatment.
- Depending on the type of treatment you are having, this may be carried out in a slightly different way to what you are used to.
Please be assured that the health and safety of both you and our wonderful staff is our number one priority – we are doing all that we can to ensure that everyone is protected while still delivering our health services.
Although the treatments we can provide and how we provide them is still somewhat limited, please know we are here to continue helping you care for your oral health. If you have any concerns or dental issues we would still love to hear from you… please contact the practice on 07 54446166 to contact the More Smiles team.
The More Smiles Team