05 Jul 5 Ways to stop bad breath
5 Ways to stop bad breath:
Everybody at one time or another will get bad breath. Here are 5 simple steps to improve this unpleasant trait:
- Brush and floss daily: this helps remove those nasty disease-causing bacteria that also tend to smell.
- Brush your tongue: Our tongues have many grooves and cracks that bacteria love to hide in. It doesn’t hurt to use your toothbrush – sweep in a downward motion to clean the tongue once in a while
- Regular dental visits: dental diseases like decay and gum disease also have a particularly bad smell, keeping the gums and teeth healthy also improve your breath
- Drink water frequently: a dry mouth is often a smelly mouth, carry a water bottle. Drinking plenty of water through the day also helps maintain healthy levels of saliva
- Use mouthwash: some mouthrinses can be helpful in reducing bad breath. Mouthwash often can mask the problem rather than treat it. Steps 1-4 are far more important than using mouthwash
If your bad breath continues despite your best efforts, sometimes a doctor visit is in order to make sure it’s not due to a medical condition.